In conjunction with its 2010 Annual Conference and General Assembly, the Linguistic Society of the Philippines (LSP), in its effort to promote the use of mother tongue languages in accordance with DepEd Order No. 74 s. 2009, is hosting a two-day conference on multilingual education (MLE) to be held at Leong Hall, Ateneo de Manila University on August 19-20, 2010.
The plenary speakers are:
- Dr. David CS Li, Hong Kong Institute of Education: “Multilingualism from an Asian perspective”
- Dr. T. Ruanni Tupas, National University of Singapore: “The politics of language in the Philippines”
The focus lecturers will be:
- Ms. Diane Dekker, SIL International: “MLE and materials development”
- Mr. Gregory Dekker, SIL International: “MLE and assessment”
- Dr. Ma. Antoinette Montealegre, Philippine Normal University: “MLE and differentiated instruction”
- Dr. Ricardo Nolasco, University of the Philippines-Diliman: “The Challenges of MLE in the Philippines”
For registration information, fees and other particulars, you may visit the LSP website.