The Department of Education (DepEd) issued DepEd Advisory No. 241 s. 2011 on May 25, 2011, scheduling a series of national seminars on Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education (MTBMLE) that will be conducted by the Southeast Center for Training and Development (SECTD) on the following dates and venues:
- July 29-31, 2011 at the Baguio Convention Center, Baguio City
- August 26-28, 2011 at the Leyte National High School Auditorium, Tacloban City
- October 28-30, 2011 at the CAP Auditorium, Iloilo City
- December 16-18, 2011 at the Zamboanga del Norte Convention Center, Dipolog City
The seminars aim to:
- Identify social, cultural and legal issues of making the mother tongue as the medium of instruction in the early grades;
- Present experiences of other countries’ educational system where the mother tongue is used as the medium of instruction;
- Discuss theories supporting the use of mother tongue in teaching and learning;
- Prepare teachers in designing instructional materials using the mother tongue; and
- Equip them with skills in handling lessons using the mother tongue of learners.
The principals, district and education supervisors and elementary teachers from both public and private schools are invited to attend this activity.
A registration fee of Two Thousand Pesos (PhP2,000.00) will be charged each participant. The fee includes snacks (5), lunch (2), bags, materials and certificates.
For registration and further information, contact Mr. Edward M. Soliman, Managing Director, SECTD at mobile phone no.: 0917-5147-952; at telephone no. (045) 491-4117 or send a message through email address: email@example.com.