WHAT: The 1st Philippine Conference on the “Baybayin” Stones of Ticao, Masbate
WHEN: August 5, 2011 (8AM- 4PM); August 6, 2011 (8AM-12NN)
WHERE: Monreal Gymnasium, Municipality of Monreal, Ticao Island, Masbate Province, Philippines
The UP Ticao-Masbate Anthropological Project Team
Department of Education, Region 5
Local Government of Monreal, Masbate
The Masbate Provincial Government
The National Museum
170+ Talaytayan MLE Incorporated
- To make a preliminary but comprehensive report on the “baybayin” artifacts found in Ticao, Masbate including but not limited to its probable origins, geo-socio-cultural context, age, authors, authenticity, and transcriptions.
- To heighten awareness among Filipinos on the historical and cultural importance of the baybayin script and other cultural artifacts.
- To provide a forum for stakeholders on how to preserve and protect the cultural heritage of the peoples of Ticao and of Masbate.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- DepEd teachers and administrators
- Local government officials and employees
- Educators, linguists, researchers, artists and cultural workers
- Tourism officers and staff
- “Baybayin” enthusiasts
- P1,200 for participants coming from DepEd Region V and from local government units of Masbate province
- P1,500 for all other participants
The fee will cover two lunches and three snacks only. Travel and accommodation expenses are not covered by the conference fee.
Payment can be made through bank transfer payable to 170+ Talaytayan MLE Incorporated under Current Account Number 0470506288 BDO-SM Manila branch. For on-site registration, payment can be made in cash.