CALL FOR PAPERS
Guidelines for the submission of abstracts:
- An author is limited to one individual abstract and one joint abstract;
- The first page of the submission should contain the name of the author /authors, affiliations, e-mail address; postal address and the designated topic of the parallel sessions;
- The second page should contain the abstract not exceeding 250 words, including the bibliography, but should not contain any marks identifiable to the author or authors.
- The submission should be written in any of the Philippine languages, in Filipino or in English. If written in Filipino or in a Philippine language, we will require an English version of the abstract for the evaluators.
- The abstract should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and shall be duly acknowledged.
TOPICS FOR PARALLEL SESSIONS
- Integrating MTBMLE in the Curriculum of Pre-Service Teacher Education
- MTBMLE Curriculum for kindergarten and early grades
- Teaching Filipino and English through the L1
- Reading comprehension and writing in the L1 across disciplines
- Teaching science, math and social studies in a multicultural/multilingual framework
- Developing quality and culturally sensitive MLE materials
- How do Philippine languages work and its implications in language education
- Language documentation and data preservation
- Vocabulary development and intellectualization
- Case studies in mother tongue instruction in the Philippines and in other countries
- Sign languages in the Philippines-education of the differently-abled
- Community-based education and Alternative Learning Systems
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS: November 30, 2011
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE/NON-ACCEPTANCE: December 20, 2011
SUBMISSION OF FULL PAPER: January 20, 2012
All paper readers shall be entitled to 30 minutes presentation. The presentation can be rendered in any Philippine language, in Filipino or in English, or in a bilingual fashion, provided the author shall be responsible for providing the translation(s). NO FULL PAPER, NO PRESENTATION.
- A tribute to Dr. Jose V. Aguilar (Proponent of 1948 Iloilo Experiments on the Vernacular)
- MTBMLE Teaching Demonstration Festival
- Paper Presentations
BOOTHS DISPLAY OF REGIONAL INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS We will designate a booth for every region for display of big/small books, busy posters, primer lessons, lesson plans, assessment tools and other instructional materials. FEES Regular conference fee is P4,500. Early bird registration is P4,200- for those who register on or before December 16, 2011. The registration fee will cover:
- Conference kit and certificate
- Lodging for February 16 and 17 (Punta Villa Resort homepage, http://www.puntavillailoilo.com/)
- Complete meals and snacks for February 16 and 17
- Breakfast, morning snacks and lunch for February 18
For Iloilo residents and those who will find their own lodging – P3,500 (early bird: 3,200) Distribution of conference kit will be on February 15, 2012 at 3:00pm at Punta Villa Resort. First session starts 8:00 am, February 16. Program will last until 12:00 noon of February 18, 2012.
HOW TO PAY Cash payment? 170+ Talaytayan MLE office – Rm. 2115 Faculty Center, UP Diliman, Quezon City Bank transfer payable to: 170+ Talaytayan MLE Incorporated BANK: BDO SM Manila Branch Current Account Number: 0470506288. Email deposit slip to email@example.com or fax to 632-9269887
For queries call 632-9818500 local 2294 / 09163944870 (Lucy Cruz) Facebook group: MTBMLE Events email firstname.lastname@example.org DEPED / CHED MEMO TO FOLLOW SOON ORGANIZERS: 170+Talaytayan MLE; SIL; TAP; PNU