As of Jan. 22, 2012, here are the final updates from 170+ Talaytayan MLE on the forthcoming 2nd Philippine Conference-Workshop on MTBMLE in Iloilo City on Feb. 16, 17, 18, 2012:
The Conference will feature gains and prospects of MTBMLE in the Philippines. It will demonstrate concretely how MTBMLE can be incorporated in the new K-12 curriculum and teacher education curriculum
- Dr. Kimmo Kosonen
- Dr. Catherine Young
- Cong. Magtanggol Gunigundo
- Bro. Armin Luistro
- Dr. Patricia Licuanan
- Dr. Ricardo Ma. Nolasco
- Dr. Paraluman Giron
- Dr. Lydia Liwanag
- Dr. Isabel Martin
- Dr. Hope Yu
- Dr. Purita Bilbao
- Dr. Rowena Guevara
- Atty. Lino Faelnar
- Dr. Francisco Datar, and
- Dr. Voltaire Oyzon
KEY TOPICS FOR PLENARY AND SEMINAR-WORKSHOPS:
- MTBMLE and EFA 2015
- MTBMLE and K-12
- Sounds and Letters of Philippine Languages
- Developing L1 Pre-Primer and Primer and L2 Transition Primer
- An MTBMLE-Adapted Kinder Curriculum with a Thematic Approach: A Public School Setting
- MTBMLE Curriculum Guide in all Subject Areas
- Materials Development in MTBMLE
- MTBMLE Local and International Policies
- Developing Context-Embedded Assessments
- Teaching Math using Manipulatives & Indigenized Materials
- Teaching Demonstrations: Communicative Activity-Based Learning Acquisition; Primer Lessons, Experience Story; Shared Reading
- Incorporating MTBMLE in Pre-Service Curriculum
PAPER PRESENTATIONS – Local and international scholars from universities and development organizations will present their studies on distinct features of Philippine languages, orthography making, emergent literacy, MTBMLE programs here and abroad, World Englishes, teaching English through the mother tongue, deaf education, use of media in MTBMLE, and so forth
BOOTHS DISPLAY OF REGIONAL INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS —We will designate a booth for every region for display of big/small books, busy posters, primer lessons, lesson plans, assessment tools and other instructional materials.
- With lodging -P4,500
- Without lodging – P3,500
- The registration fee will cover conference kit and certificate; lodging for February 16 and 17; complete meals and snacks for February 16 and 17; breakfast, morning snacks and lunch for February 18. Distribution of conference kit will start on February 15, 2012 at 3:00pm at Punta Villa Resort (should you check in earlier, the hotel charges P200 per night).
- Payments may be deposited to Banco de Oro (BDO).
- Account name: 170+ Talaytayan MLE Inc.
- CA# 0470506288
- Please send the scanned deposit slip to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (02-9269887). For more information please call (63-2)981-8500 local 2294 or +639163944870 (Lucy Cruz).
- Download registration form, CHED Memo, DepEd advisory from http://www.mlephilippines.org